April 16, 2015

Jessie - Toy story cake


This one was made a while ago, for my friends daughter.
I love these 2 D picture decorations, they're quite easy to make, and very effective.
First you have to find a nice picture. You can print it or like I usually do, strike out from screen to piece of baking paper.  

Than, all you have to do is cut off pieces of fondant or gumpaste in matching colours, and like solving puzzle, glue pieces together. Even though this is pretty much easy, it is very time consuming. 

This is how I made my Jessie. Not every step of the way is on photographs. If I've done that I would probably still cut this... There's just enough photos of my progress so you can get an idea :)

First cut the lightest colours... all white and skin toned pieces. Then cut the rest - hair, hat, shirt, pants...Glue everything together. 
Once finished leave it to dry. 
For cutting I've used craft knife, you can find one in my Make A Cake Supplies shop

Then draw all details, like eyebrows, eyelashes, details on her shirt and hat...












When she's done, prepare the cake.

Cover the cake in white fondant. 
Using really thin brush or edible liners outline the cow pattern. Take brush and black gel colour and colour the pattern. 

Leave it to dry and add your Jessie fondant picture. 










No comments:

Post a Comment